WHAT IS MUSCLE FATIGUE?
As the name implies, muscle fatigue is the name for a broad condition in which your feet or legs feel sore, achy or just tired. It may not be anything serious, but having muscle fatigue can make it difficult to fully live the busy life you want to live.
Muscle fatigue can have a single symptom or several, including swelling, soreness, or a general achiness.
WHAT CAUSES MUSCLE FATIGUE?
If you move around or are on your feet all day, you can get muscle fatigue. It’s that simple, and while it’s common among athletes, especially runners, you don’t have to be a sports enthusiast to experience the frustration of muscle fatigue.
- Too much time spent on your feet
- Being overweight
- Poorly fitting shoes
- Not enough hydration
- A prolonged period of inactivity followed by vigorous activity
If you have foot or leg muscle fatigue, one of the most important things you can do is rest your feet. If they’re swollen, it may also help to apply ice for up to 20 minutes. In addition, you can relieve foot fatigue by:
- Wearing insoles, inserts or orthotics to help cushion your feet
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Wearing appropriate, comfortable and well-fitted shoes during activity, especially if you’ll be on your feet for a long time
- Warming up and stretching before exercise
- Massaging your feet after a long day spent on them
Not a medical diagnosis. For information purposes only. If you have diabetes, poor blood circulation, or fragile skin, or symptoms are severe or persist, consult your podiatrist or physician before using products.