WHAT IS AN INGROWN TOENAIL?
Ingrown toenails are a common condition in which the edge of the toenail grows into the skin of your toe. You can also get them when the skin on the side of your toe grows over the toenail. While any toe can be affected, your big toe is the most likely place to get one.
You may have an ingrown toenail if you experience pain, swelling and redness along the side of your toenail. You may also notice drainage or pus if you have developed an infection at the site.
WHAT CAUSES INGROWN TOENAILS?
- Curved or abnormally shaped toenails
- Trauma that drives the nail into the skin
- Tight shoes that push the curved toenail into the skin
- Injury to the toenail causing abnormal growth
- Cutting toenails too short or “digging” into the sides of them
- Thickened toenails
- Hereditary factors: It is common to see ingrown toenails in related family members
Shop Products For INGROWN TOENAIL
INGROWN TOENAIL PAIN RELIEF & PREVENTION
To get the ingrown toenail pain relief you need and get back to moving comfortably, you might try these tips:
- Try ingrown toenail pain relief products that help soften the nail for easier trimming
- Don’t trim your toenails too short. Trimming the toenails too short may allow the end of the toenail to grow into the skin
- Don’t “dig” down into the side of your toenails
- Trim your toenails relatively straight across.
- Wear shoes that fit properly
Not a medical diagnosis. For information purposes only. If you have diabetes, poor blood circulation, or fragile skin, or symptoms are severe or persist, consult your podiatrist or physician before using products.